Confessions of a Closet Gamer

Game reviews and anything else about gaming.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I am a gamer

There, I said it.

I love computer/video games. I always have. Ever since my brother bought the original Atari 2600 I've been hooked. When I was a teenager, playing games on my Apple II (anyone remember "Choplifter"?) was my favourite pastime and I marveled about how good the technology was getting.

For a while I thought I had grown out of gaming. I was out of University, had a great career and games were for kids, right?

I forget which games drew me back in. It may have been the Jedi Knight series and Tie Fighter. Now I am an avid gamer and so are my wife and son. We play PC games (we like different genres but RPGs seem to appeal to all three of us) so much that we each have our own PC. We also have an Xbox, and two Nintendo DS.

We are a gaming family and we love it!!!

3 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Hmm... I'm not so sure I wanted the world to know this about me.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Admission is good for the soul.

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL there's nothing to be ashamed, thanks for sharing this, I wish I could 'hook' my girlfriend into gaming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home