Confessions of a Closet Gamer

Game reviews and anything else about gaming.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Platform Choices

As my last post stated, we have three distinct gaming platforms in the house - PC, Xbox and Nintendo DS. Let me explain why:

  1. PC - The PC is the most versatile platform out there. It is an awesome gaming platform and I still think with some exceptions the best games come out for the PC. Of course I do use it for other things like email, blogging, and work.
  2. Xbox - Why did I get an Xbox? Simple - it was free. I got it as a "gift" for a course I took. That being said, I really do like the games I have and I find sitting in front of the widescreen TV playing games with the home theatre system pumping out 5.1 sound helps as well. There are some games that are only available on Xbox and I may actually review some in later posts.
  3. Nintendo DS - I have to travel for my job sometimes. A portable gaming platform really helps since I don't want to install games on my work-issued notebook. Besides, Nintendo really came up with a well-thought platform that we won't really see exploited for another year. Why did I choose the DS over the PSP? That will be the subject of another post.

What is my favourite platform? I would have to say the PC, but each of the platforms we have has its good points and its challenges.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home